This policy covers how VSI treats personal information that VSI collects and receives, including information related to your past use of VSI products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that VSI does not own or control, or to people that VSI does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- VSI collects personal information when you register with VSI, when you use VSI products or services, when you visit VSI pages or the pages of certain VSI partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. VSI may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we could ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, personal interests etc. Once you register with VSI and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- VSI collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- VSI automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, VSI cookie information, and the page you request.
- VSI uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
VSI does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with VSI under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help VSI communicate with you about offers from VSI and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
VSI may displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
VSI does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- VSI may set and access VSI cookies on your computer.
- VSI lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to VSI’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your VSI Account Information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the VSI service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the VSI Newsletter, that are considered part of your VSI account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your VSI Account Information is password-protected.
- In all sensitive areas VSI uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
VSI may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your VSI account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.